Stage 2 Programming Information
Important information before you begin
Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30a-5:3-p Central Time
We have very limited support, if any, outside of these hours. Please plan your installation with our business hours in mind.
What is Stage 2 Programming?
Stage 2 programming refers to the programming process of the remote start module to the vehicle. Some vehicle require this and there is no way around it. Because of this requirement, we offer 2 options for our customers to get the 2nd stage of programming completed.
How it works
Once you receive your Remote Start Kit from us, you will install it into the vehicle. You will then program Stage 1. After you complete Stage 1 programming, the module will then need to be reconnected to our software in order to complete the final programming process... this is Stage 2.
Option One - Send the remote start module back to us.
This is the standard 2 stage programming method. After you install the remote start kit and program Stage 1, you will then disconnect the remote start module and mail it back to us. When you disconnect the remote start module, simply plug in our Drive Time Cap to our wiring harness. This will allow you to leave our wiring harness connected in your vehicle so you an operate and drive your vehicle while the module is disconnected.
- We include a "drive time cap" with all kits that require Stage 2 programming
- We include a prepaid shipping label for you to send the module back to us
- We completed Stage 2 programming and ship it back to you the same day we receive it
- You will be emailed a tracking number when it ships
- Some vehicles require a couple steps to be completed after plugging the module back into the vehicle after getting it back from Stage 2 programming
- IF YOU DO NOT USE OUR PRE-PAID LABEL TO SHIP THE MODULE BACK TO US - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET A TRACKING NUMBER
Option Two - We can program remotely from our facility
Don't want to send the module back for Stage 2? NO PROBLEM!
As an alternative to Option One, we can remote into your computer and do all the programming from our facility which eliminates you having to send the module back to us. This will save a lot of time and prevent the risk of lost packages during shipping.
To use this option, you will need to add the Web Programmer - The Magic Box to your cart when purchasing your remote start kit.
Sorry, there are no products matching your search.