Now that you have decided to get a remote start, it’s time to install it. You can do it in two ways:
- Install It On Your Own
- Find a Professional To Do The Job
Both the options have their own pros and cons, but it’s usually better to take the matter into your own hands.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of each option.
Installing a Remote Start On Your Own
It is possible to install a remote control on your own. The method may be a bit time consuming, if you do not understand vehicles or if you are not good at handling tools, but it can still be a lot of fun.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of installing a remote start on your own.
- Easy: Installing the remote start on your own is easy as you can do it at your own pace. There is no trouble of having to take the vehicle to a professional or finding a professional who can do the job according to your needs. There are excellent guides available to help you do the job. If you ever get stuck, all you have to do is search the web and you will get answers to all your questions, including video tutorials.
- Affordable: Doing the job on your own will allow you to save money. Dealership or mechanics will charge you a lot to install the remote start. Why waste money when you can easily do it on your own?
- Fun: if you are a car enthusiast then you will definitely enjoy installing the remote control on your own. It’s fun and exciting to know more about your car and install something with your own hands.
You will take great pride in your abilities and show off your skills to one and all. You may even call your friends and do the job together to make the evening more energetic.
- Tools Needed: You may need some tools to install the remote start on your car. Don’t worry, you will not need anything complicated but a few simple tools like screwdrivers. Read the guide carefully so that you have all that you need to do the job.
You will get a small guide on how to install and use the remote start if you buy it from a reliable seller. However, if you do not have access to a DIY guide, then you can find one on the internet.
It’s best to check a tutorial that is specific to your car to ensure you face no troubles.
Finding a Professional to Do The Job
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of finding a professional to install a remote start on your car:
- No Burden: When you hire a professional to do the job, you will not have to worry about taking care of anything. They’ll install the remote start and inform you once it’s done.
- Expensive: The overall cost depends on several factors including the make and model of your vehicle but most professionals will charge you between $200 and $300 just to install the remote start. This is a huge amount of money that you can save by trying to install the remote start on your own.
- Time Consuming: It takes about 3 hours to install the remote start but most professionals will ask for more time. In fact, some may ask for you to drop the vehicle for the entire day.
- Troublesome: You will have to take your car to the vehicle, wait for the professional to install it, and then bring it back home. This is too much work for something you can do on your own. Plus, there is also the additional trouble of finding a reliable worker to install the remote start. All this can be very tiring and troublesome. The easiest option is to install the remote start on your own.
Installing The Remote Start On Your Own: FAQ
No, installing a remote start on your own will not render the warranty void. Just make sure to be responsible and not do something you are not supposed to do.
It takes about 3 hours to install a remote start but it may take a bit longer if this is your first time installing a car accessory.
You can refer to a guide if you face any problem. If nothing works, you can take the vehicle to a professional but it’s best to first give it a try.
All in all, it’s better to install a remote starter on your car over having a shop do it.