2014-2016 Toyota Highlander Semi- Plug & Play Remote Start Kit v1.0 (Smart Key)
Semi-Plug & Play Remote Start System- v1.0
This is NOT our full plug & play kit. Wires will need to be connected and cut. See the wiring guidelines below and also take a look at the installation guide. If you're looking for the 100% plug & play kit, click HERE
Installation Guide: VIEW/PRINT
Installation Video: WATCH
NO DEALER ACTIVATION REQUIRED!
No special connectors. No spending hours trying to figure out a wiring diagram. This remote start system was designed to make the installation and programming process as easy, and as fast as possible. This application takes 15-20 minutes to install! Its a very easy, and straight forward process.
Will this work with my vehicle?
- 2016-2017 Toyota Tacoma with push button start
- Automatic transmissions only
Will not work with H-Key vehicles
Operation of Remote Start
- On the Factory Key FOB, press the lock button 3 times
- 3 more presses on the Key FOB will turn the Remote Start off
- Parking Lights will illuminate when remote start is active
- Remote Start run time is set to 15 minutes
- Range is the same as your factory FOB
Special notes about this Remote Start Kit
- No takeover feature is available- all Toyota/Lexus vehicles will shut down if any door, hood or hatch is opened - There is no way to bypass this!
- To remote start the engine, the hood, and all doors must be closed
This kit includes an OBD2 t-harness and 2 pigtails. One pigtail (3 wires) runs up to the steering column. If you have auto lights or day time running lights, one wire will need to be cut in half and connected to 2 of the wires from the pigtail. The remaining wire connects to the SLP wire.
The other pigtail is only needed if you will be using an aftermarket remote kit or a smart start module. This pigtail is strictly for the lock and unlock functions that would be needed with the 2 products just listed. If you will only be using your factory key fob to start your truck, this pigtail will not be needed.
Heres the break down on the wiring connections
Vehicle w/out auto lights > T-harness and ONE wire
Vehicle with auto lights > T-Harness and THREE wires
Vehicle w/out auto lights & Smart Start > T-harness and FOUR wires
Vehicle with auto lights and Smart Start > T-Harness and FIVE wires
- Our Semi-Plug & Play harness - a 12volt.Solutions exclusive!
- Remote Start Module
- Zip Ties
- Wire Taps
- Support Contact
- Referral Program Card
- Warning Decal
- Alcohol Pad
- *Instructions are NOT included with this kit. Please print them from the link at the top of this page.